All I can say is “it's HOT”!!! Heat index forecast for today: over 115°F (46°C)! In anticipation, I made this refreshing soup last night and stuck it in the fridge... and that is probably all I will eat for lunch!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 small sweet onion, diced = 1 oignon doux, coupé en morceaux
- 2 garlic cloves, minced = 2 gousses d'ail, émincées
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced = 1 gros concombre, épluché et coupé en morceaux
- Juice from one lime = jus d'un citron vert
- 2 cups low-fat Greek yogurt = 450 g de yaourt grec (ou fromage blanc) allégé
- ½ cup sour cream = 60 g de crème fraiche
- ½ teaspoon sea salt = ½ cuillère à café de sel
- Freshly ground black pepper = poivre noir moulu
Heat 3 tablespoons of water in a pan on low-medium heat; add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, about 6 minutes, until onions are soft and translucent.
Reserve 4 tablespoons of cucumber for garnish.
Add cucumber, onion, garlic, and lime juice to food processor; pulse 10 times. Open lid, scrape sides and add yogurt, sour cream, and salt. Puree until smooth and frothy, about 30 seconds. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
Ladle soup into bowls and top each portion with finely dice remaining cucumber and freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy!