This is an easy chicken dish that tastes so flavorful thanks to the combination of perfectly ripe tomatoes and fresh basil. Fantastic for a late summer dinner!
- 4 chicken cutlets or 2 large boneless chicken breasts, cut in half and pounded thin = 4 escalopes de poulet fines
- Salt & pepper = sel et poivre
- A few tablespoons flour = quelques cuillères de farine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil = 2 cuillères à soupe d'huile d'olive
- ¼ cup white wine = 60 ml de vin blanc
- ½ cup chicken broth = 120 ml de bouillon de poulet
- 2 tomatoes, chopped = 2 tomates, coupées en dés
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream = 2 cuillères à soupe de crème fraiche liquide
- A few basil leaves, chopped = quelques feuilles de basilic frais, ciselées
Season cutlets with salt and pepper, sprinkle with flour and shake to remove excess.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan. Sauté cutlets on both sides and transfer to a plate.
Deglaze pan with wine and cook until almost all evaporated. Add broth and return cutlets and their juices to pan. Cook for a couple minutes until done. Transfer cutlets to a serving platter. Stir chopped tomatoes and heavy cream into sauce in the pan. Heat through and pour over cutlets. Garnish with fresh basil. Serve immediately. Enjoy!