I love eggs for a quick protein boost in the morning or for a snack. I often make those mini frittatas for our Sunday brunch and save extras for busy week-day breakfasts or for my son's lunchbox. The best part is that you can use customize them with what you have: bacon (cooked and crumbled) and cheddar, zucchini (diced and sauteed) and goat cheese, bell pepper and gruyère...
Makes 24 mini frittatas
- 6 large eggs = 6 oeufs
- ¼ cup milk = 60 ml de lait
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream = 2 cuillères à soupe de crème fleurette
- Salt & pepper (about ¼ teaspoon each) = sel et poivre
- ¼ cup shredded spinach (fresh or thawed) = 60 g d'épinards hâchés et égouttés
- ¼ cup crumbled feta = 40 g de feta émiettée
- A few black olives, sliced = quelques olives noires, coupées en rondelles
Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
Generously grease one (24) or two (12) mini muffin pans with olive oil spray. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir in the spinach and feta. Pour egg mixture evenly into the 24 mini muffin cups and top each with an olive slice in the middle. Bake for about 10 minutes. Remove from muffin pan and serve right away.
Note: You can also keep those (cooked) in the fridge for a few days, just pop in the microwave for 30 seconds to reheat. They are also great at room temperature in your kids' lunch box.