Another soup. I hope you don't mind! The temperatures are dropping and I am craving soup on a daily basis now. Butternut squash and leek: another combination I love! If you lack the time to roast the butternut squash, you may just skip that step but it does add more depth to the soup.
If you've never peeled a butternut squash, check Simply Recipes tutorial here.
Makes about 4 servings
- Olive oil = huile d'olive
- 2 leeks, trimmed and chopped = 2 poireaux, coupées en morceaux
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed = 1 courge butternut, épluchée et coupée en cubes
- 2 cups vegetable broth = 475 ml de bouillon de légumes
- 1 cup water = 240 ml d'eau
- Salt and pepper = sel et poivre
- Pinch cinnamon = une pincée de cannelle
- Pinch nutmeg = une pincée de noix de muscade
Spray butternut squash cubes with a little olive oil and roast on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven for about 20-25 minutes.
Coat dutch oven with 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add leek and sauté for 7 to 8 minutes. Add roasted butternut squash cubes and broth/water. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Season with spices and salt and pepper to taste.
Purée with immersion blender until smooth. Enjoy!