In the fall and winter, I almost always make a big pot on soup on Sunday so that I can quickly fix lunch or dinner on those crazy busy week days: just reheat a cup of soup (I recently purchased this great little vent n' serve soup mug from Tupperware and it is perfect for that purpose), add a few crackers or a grilled cheese sandwich. Done!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil = 1 cuillère à soupe d'huile d'olive
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped = 1 petit oignon rouge, épluché et coupé en morceaux
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped = 2 patates douces, épluchées et coupées en morceaux
- 1 medium apple, chopped = 1 pomme, coupée en morceaux
- 2 to 2 ½ cups vegetable broth or water = 475 à 600 ml de bouillon de légumes ou d'eau
- Salt and pepper = sel et poivre
Coat dutch oven with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion, sweet potato chunks and apple slices. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring a few times. Add vegetable broth (or water). Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Blend with immersion blender until smooth (add more broth/water if needed). Enjoy!