I hope I didn't lose too many readers with that title! Make it “Snack Pizza” if you prefer. Or serve it with mixed greens for a quick lunch. I personally like eating it as a mid-morning breakfast, after an energizing work-out.
- 1 whole wheat Middle Eastern flatbread (or pita) = 1 pain pita, au blé complet
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese = 1 à 2 cuillères à soupe de ricotta
- Dash of garlic powder = une pincée d'ail en poudre
- Dash black pepper = une pincée de poivre
- A few baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped = quelques jeunes pousses d'épinards, grossièrement hâchées
- A few grape tomatoes, halved = quelques tomates cerises, coupées en deux
- 1 egg = 1 oeuf
Mix ricotta with garlic and pepper. Spread on one side of the flatbread.
Top with spinach and tomatoes and crack egg in the center.
Broil in oven for a few minutes until bread is golden brown and egg is set.
Sprinkle a little salt and/or pepper if you wish. Enjoy!
Note: if you are not a fan of the goey, runny yolk, simply beat the egg in a separate bowl and pour in the center of the pizza, then broil as directed.