Woohoo! I just got one year
This treat is the perfect summer cupcake: it tastes like a day at the beach!
Makes 12 cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened = 85 g de beurre, ramolli
- ¾ cup sugar = 150 g de sucre
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites = 1 oeuf entier + 2 blancs d'oeuf
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour = 150 g de farine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder = 1 cuillère à café de levure
- Pinch salt = une pincée de sel
- ¼ cup (packed) sweetened shredded coconut = 35 g de noix de coco râpée
- ½ cup light coconut milk = 120 ml de lait de coco (allégé)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract = ½ cuillère à café d'extrait de vanille
For the frosting:
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened = 40 g de beurre, ramolli
- 1 lime = 1 citron vert
- 1 cup powdered sugar = 120 g de sucre glace
Preheat oven to 350 °F / 180° C.
Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and egg whites, beating well after each addition.
Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and shredded coconut (dry ingredients) in a medium bowl.
Mix coconut milk and vanilla extract (wet ingredients) in a separate bowl.
Add dry ingredients to sugar/butter mixture, alternating with wet ingredients. Mix until combined, scraping sides of the bowl a few times.
Line standard muffin tins with 12 cupcake paper liners. Pour batter, filling each about 2/3 full.
Bake cupcakes for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
Meanwhile, make the frosting: zest the lime with a microplane grater, then cut in half and juice it. Combine butter, half the zest and 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons fresh juice in a medium bowl. Beat with mixer until well blended. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Spread about 2-3 teaspoons of frosting onto each cupcake and sprinkle with remaining zest. Enjoy!
Note: this is enough frosting to spread a thin layer on each cupcake. Flavor-wise, you do not need more but if you wish to pipe the frosting with a 1M tip, you will need to double the recipe.