This is a great dish to make on busy week nights. It's quick, easy and healthy! Use whatever vegetables you have on hand. I like the combination of green (green beans, sugar snap peas or snow peas, broccoli) and red or orange (bell pepper, carrots).
I usually just bring the wok to the table, hence the less than glamorous shot above. Like I said, busy night, hungry family!
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled = 450 g de crevettes, décortiquées
- Black and Cayenne peppers = poivres noir et de Cayenne
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil = 2 cuillères à café d'huile de sésame
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger = 2 cuillères à café de gingembre râpé
- 2 gloves garlic, minced = 2 gousses d'ail, émincées
- 8 oz. green beans, blanched = 225 g d'haricots verts, blanchis
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips = 1 poivron, coupé en lamelles
- 3 tablespoons honey = 3 cuillères à soupe de miel
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce = 1 cuillère à soupe de sauce soja
Sprinkle black and Cayenne peppers on raw shrimp.
Coat a wok with sesame oil, heat at medium-high until hot. Add ginger and garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Add green beans and bell pepper strips and continue stir-frying for 2 minutes.
Combine honey and soy sauce in a small bowl. Gradually add mixture to wok, stirring constantly. Cook for a couple of minutes. Serve immediately with jasmine rice. Enjoy!