I hope you didn't make any silly new year's resolutions like no more sweets! Remember, as long as you eat healthy most of the time, you can indulge every now and then.
These little gems are best still warm, with caramel oozing out!
Makes 10-12 muffins
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour = 175 g de farine
- 2 eggs = 2 oeufs
- ¼ cup sour cream = 4 cuillères à soupe de crème fraiche
- ¼ cup butter, melted = 60 g de beurre, fondu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract = 1 cuillère à café d'extrait de vanille
- ¼ cup brown sugar (packed) = 50 g de sucre roux
- 10 chewy sea-salt caramels, cut up = 10 caramels moux au beurre salé, coupés en morceaux
- ½ teaspoon baking powder = ½ cuillere a cafe de levure chimique
- pinch of salt = une pincée de sel
Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add eggs, sour cream and butter and beat until smooth. Fold in caramel chunks.
Pour dough into muffin tin lined with paper cups. Bake for about 18-20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for a few minutes. Enjoy!