First and foremost: Happy New Year! May 2012 be healthy, happy and yummy!
I'm back with a quick recipe (- did I mention that January is a crazy busy month for me? ).
This one is great when you know you will have a late lunch (which is pretty much every day for me!) and need a fast, protein-packed breakfast that will fill you up until then. Plus you can really make it your own by customizing the ingredients to your liking (feta/spinach/black olives is another great combo). It is also a favorite for week-end brunches!
- 2 large eggs = 2 oeufs
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, cut up = 3 tomates séchées, coupées en morceaux
- 1 tablespoon crumbled gorgonzola = 1 cuillère à soupe de gorgonzola émietté
- a few fresh basil leaves, finely chopped = quelques feuilles de basilic frais, ciselées
- a pinch of nutmeg = une pincée de noix de muscade râpée
- a pinch of black pepper = une pincée de poivre noir
- olive oil = huile d'olive
Preheat oven to 325°F / 170°C.
Spray some olive oil into an individual ramekin, break eggs into it and beat a couple of times with a fork so that the egg white and yolk are mixed together but not fully combined. Sprinkle with nutmeg and pepper and add sun-dried tomatoes, gorgonzola and basil.
Bake for about 15 minutes or until set. Serve on top of a thick, toasted slice of whole-wheat bread. Don't forget a nice cup of coffee and enjoy!