So glad I got back to VA just in time for an earthquake (on Tuesday) and a hurricane (for this week-end)! Yesterday was gorgeous though and I made this quick corn salad after returning from the pool.
Sweet summer corn does not require any cooking and therefore makes a great hot-weather side dish. Just shuck the ears, rinse with water and carefully run a knife through to cut the kernels off. Of course, in a pinch, frozen (and thawed) sweet corn will work too.
You can spice it up by adding some diced jalapeños or a dash of Tabasco sauce.
- ½ cup light sour cream = 60 g de crême fraiche (allégée)
- 1 ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce = 1 ½ cuillère à café de sauce Worcestershire
- Salt & pepper to taste = Sel et poivre
- About 3 cups fresh corn kernels (from 6 ears) = 350 g de maïs frais (environ 6 épis)
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped = 1 petit poivron rouge, émincé
- About 6 green onions, finely chopped = 6 oignons verts, émincés
Combine sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and salt/pepper in a large bowl. Add corn, bell pepper and green onion and stir. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!