This is a great dish to serve at a dinner party: quick prep and low maintenance cooking, yet sophisticated and delicious! Added bonus: it will fill your kitchen with wonderful aromas as the chicken roasts in the oven. I love it with sautéed eggplant and zucchini, and a nice glass of wine -- red or white would work well.
- 4 chicken breasts (organic if possible) = 4 escalopes de poulet
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced = 4 tomates Roma, coupées en dés
- 2 tablespoons capers = 2 cuillères à soupe de câpres
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar = 60 ml de vinaigre balsamique
- 1 tablespoon olive oil = 1 cuillère à soupe d'huile d'olive
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar = 2 cuillères à soupe de cassonade
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme = 1 cuillère à café de thym séché
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano = 1 cuillère à café d'origan séché
- Black pepper = poivre noir
Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C.
Place chicken breasts in a baking dish. Combine tomatoes, capers, balsamic vinegar, oil and sugar in a bowl. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with thyme and oregano.
Bake for 25-30 minutes (until chicken is cooked through). Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper before serving. Enjoy!