You can't go wrong with lemon and blueberry together. The two flavors really complement each other. A loaf of this yummy sweet bread never lasts too long at my house!
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour = 175 g de farine
- 1 teaspoon salt = 1 cuillère à café de sel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder = 1 cuillère à café de levure chimique
- 1 cup fresh blueberries = 125 g de myrtilles
- ⅔ cup sugar = 145 g de sucre
- ½ cup milk = 120 ml de lait
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened = 80 g de beurre, ramolli
- 2 large eggs = 2 oeufs
- 1 lemon (1 teaspoon grated zest + 2-3 tablespoons juice) = 1 citron (prélever 1 cuillère à café de zeste à l'aide d'un zesteur-râpe + presser pour obtenir 2-3 cuillères à soupe de jus)
Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Stir together flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl; gently fold in blueberries.
Whisk together sugar, milk,butter, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice in another medium bowl until thoroughly blended. Add flour mixture, a little bit at a time, stirring just until combined. Pour batter into a lightly greased loaf pan.
Bake for about 1 hour. Take out of the oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, place on wire rack, and cool completely. Enjoy!
Note: Blueberry crumb bars with lemon cream filling are another delicious lemon-blueberry treat that I highly recommend trying!