This is one of my favorite chicken recipes. And not just because there is almost no work involved. Plan ahead and start early as the chicken needs to roast for a little over 2 ½ hours. As the chicken cooks, it will fill your house with lovely summery aromas. The chicken pieces end up golden brown on the outside and moist and juicy on the inside. The garlic cloves and lemon chunks turn sweet and with the help of a little fresh thyme (or rosemary if you prefer), they infuse the chicken with the most incredible flavors.
This is truly a satisfying, easy and delicious chicken dish that practically cooks itself. Serve it with sautéed green beans or zuchini and eggplant. Per-fec-tion!
- 1 organic chicken (approx. 3½ to 4 pounds), cut into 10 pieces = 1 poulet bio, coupé en 10 morceaux
- 1 head garlic, separated into unpeeled cloves = 1 tête d'ail, séparée en gousses (non-pelées)
- 2 organic lemons, cut into chunks = 2 citrons bio ou non-traités, coupés en quartiers
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme = quelques branches de thym frais
- 2 tablespoons olive oil = 2 cuillères à soupe d'huile d'olive
- ⅓ to ½ cup white wine = environ 100 ml de vin blanc
- Sea salt & black pepper = sel et poivre
Preheat the oven to 300°F / 150°C.
Put chicken pieces (skin side up) into a roasting pan and add garlic cloves, lemon chunks and thyme. Brush olive oil all over the chicken and pour white wine on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover tightly with foil (or lid) and put in the oven to slow-cook for about 2 hours.
Uncover the roasting pan, and turn up the oven to 400°F / 200°c. Cook for another 30–45 minutes. Enjoy!