I made three casseroles – it was a BIG party, and there was no leftover for me to bring back home!
- 1 batch of condensed cream of mushroom soup = 300 g de concentré de crème de champignons
- ½ cup whole milk = 120 ml de lait entier
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard = 1 cuillère à soupe de mourtade forte
- 20 oz. broccoli florets = 560 g de broccoli, en petits bouquets
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese = 100 g de cheddar râpé
- 1 slice of whole-wheat bread, toasted and processed into crumbs = 1 tranche de pain complet, toasté et finement émietté
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted = 15 g de beurre, fondu
Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
Steam broccoli florets for 4 minutes and place them into a buttered casserole dish.
Stir the soup, milk, mustard, and cheese. Pour evenly over the broccoli.
Stir the bread crumbs and butter together. Sprinkle over the broccoli mixture.
Bake for about 30 minutes, until hot and bubbling. Serve right away!
Notes:- For a complete side, add 2 cups cooked rice to the broccoli mixture before baking.
- For a non-vegetarian option, add crumbled bacon (about 3 thick slices) to the mushroom mixture and proceed as directed