It makes enough to last a few days. Store in the fridge for up to 10 days. Remove and let it come back to room temperature for 15 minutes before using, shake well to blend again.
The proportions I use are rather traditional: three parts oil to one part vinegar (as my grand-mother taught me!) but you can adjust to your liking.
Makes about ¾ cup
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped = 2 gousses d'ail, émincées
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard = 1 cuillère à soupe de moutarde forte
- ¼ teaspoon salt = ¼ cuillère à café de sel
- ¼ teaspoon pepper = ¼ cuillère à café de poivre
- 2 tablespoons red whine vinegar = 2 cuillères à soupe de vinaigre de vin rouge
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar = 1 cuillère à soupe de vinaigre balsamique
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil = 130 ml d'huile d'olive
Put all the ingredients in a 8 oz. glass jar. Screw lid on tightly and shake very well.