This is very similar to oatmeal but using quinoa makes for an even healthier breakfast!
There are many ways to create your own version: use fresh berries in the summer, top with walnuts or almonds, add a couple drops of vanilla extract in the milk, substitute honey for the maple syrup... Be creative! Just make sure you cook the dried fruits (cranberries, apricots, figs...) with the milk so they end up plump and soft. If using fresh fruits (berries, banana, mango...), add them just before serving. Any milk will work: whole for a creamier mixture or skim for a lighter version, also almond, soy or rice milk.
- 1 ½ cups milk = 120 ml de lait
- ½ cup quinoa = 85 g de quinoa
- ¼ cup dried cranberries = 40 gr de cranberries séchées
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup = 2 cuillères à café de sirop d'érable
- Pinch of ground cinnamon = une pincée de cannelle
- 1 banana, sliced = 1 banane, coupée en lamelles
Bring milk, quinoa and dried cranberries to a boil in a small saucepan. Simmer, covered, until most of milk is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to two serving bowls, top with maple syrup, cinnamon, and banana slices. Enjoy!